Property management groups often serve as the middlemen between landlords and tenants.
Landlords rent their properties in hopes of turning a profit with very little contact with the tenants, and tenants hope to have a peaceful place to live with very little interruption in their daily lives from landlords.
That is why having the right property management group in place is so vital for avoiding an empty rental home.
Your property management group is responsible for a large number of things when it comes to managing your rental property. From tenant screening, to lease creation, to maintenance issues, and collecting rent, the list goes on and on. However, central to all of those obligations is customer service.
Every tenant that is renting your property should be looked at as a customer. After all, you are providing a variety of services to them that fit their needs, and if their needs are no longer being met, they will simply move out and find another home to rent.
And, as with every customer that exists in the world, there is variety to their personalities and how they prefer things to be handled, which can be a source of conflict if not handled correctly.
Customers Today Expect More – Including Your Tenants
More than two-thirds of consumers are apt to move on to use a competitor’s services following a poor customer service experience. More so, up to 70% of consumers would willingly pay more for a better customer service experience.
That’s a pretty harsh reality for anyone running a business.
Disgruntled customers are not easily soothed and can do a lot of harm to your business by spreading their negative experiences.
The truth is customer service is the lifeline for any company. Having the right property management team to provide quality customer service to the tenant renting your home is a surefire way to make your tenant happy and more willing to stay.
There is a specific set of practices you and your property management group should follow when it comes to providing customer service to the tenants renting your properties: Monitor, Examine, Listen, Prioritize, and See.
After taking a deeper look at these ways to improve customer satisfaction among tenants renting your home, you will agree that Bay Management Group is just the right property management team to manage your Bucks, Chester, Delaware or Montgomery County rentals, leaving you with nothing but free time and peace of mind.
Customer Service Practices for Rental Properties
Monitor Tenant Relationships
In today’s competitive market, the quality of service your property management group provides tenants renting your homes is important for nurturing a positive experience.
It is important to be aware that even just one poor experience may be enough to leave a tenant feeling dissatisfied and wanting to move on to another rental where their needs are cared for.
Property management groups that regularly inventory their company’s customer satisfaction will be one to gain success in the long run.
Here are some ways in which customer service may be monitored by both you and your management team:
- Ensure that customer service is at the core of the property management team and set expectations high.
- Evaluate how employees interact at all levels of the leasing process with tenants. From the office staff, to property managers, to the billing department, it is important that all people involved in any part of the leasing process enjoy working with people, handle issues in a professional manner according to a set protocol, and make the tenant their number one priority.
- Monitor everyone’s ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in written form, to existing tenants as well as potential ones.
With a 24/7 maintenance staff on hand to handle all of your tenant’s needs, an office staff ready to answer all of your tenant’s questions, and property managers that place customer service front and center, Bay Management Group challenges you to find a team better equipped to handle you surrounding Montgomery County rental homes.
Examine Property Management Service
Oftentimes when an issue arises with a customer in any business setting, those in charge jump right in and start attempting to solve the problem right away.
Jumping to conclusions and not getting all of the information required to fully solve the issue can create more tension than the original issue itself.
Tenants do not expect perfection and usually understand that mistakes happen, things break, and issues arise. It is all in how the management handles those mistakes that makes a difference.
As a landlord that is not directly involved in these matters, it is important to examine the process a tenant goes through while renting under your property management group.
- A property manager needs to be able to see from several different perspectives. Knowing the customer and understanding that many parties are often involved in different ways, a good management group will be able to balance the needs of anyone.
- Get a basic timeline for problem solving from your property managers. From the time a tenant expresses an issue to the time it is resolved, and how the process unfolds is important.
Are problems taken care of quickly? Do the tenants feel they are being taken made a priority? What is the process for filing a maintenance request or complaint?
Make sure things are dealt with in the way you would expect them to be.
- Examine the leasing process a potential tenant will experience. Ensure that the tenant receives pertinent information such as contact information, move-in protocols and lease renewal options, home care responsibilities, etc.
With Bay Management Group, all maintenance requests are handled by high quality and hand-picked contractors that have a quick turnaround so your tenant is not left unsatisfied.
Additionally, the property managers make every step of the leasing process crystal clear to tenants before, during, and after the lease is signed and provide all necessary information to making the moving process as seamless as possible.
- Listen to Tenant Concerns
Tenants want to know they will be heard no matter what. Yet, it goes further than just hearing your tenants’ concerns.
As a landlord, it is important to employ a property management group that will take every question or concern seriously and provide appropriate solutions for all involved.
- A good property manager will listen to a tenant’s concerns and assure those concerns are valid, no matter what.
- Listening with a purpose, showing empathy, and ultimately solving problems are the keys to great property management customer service.
With an unparalleled customer service approach and a dedication to property management ONLY, Bay Management Group offers both tenants and landlords a pleasurable renting experience by caring for any and all problems no matter how difficult they may seem.
- Prioritize Issues
It is the property manager’s duty to make sure everything runs smoothly and a landlord’s responsibility to ensure their tenant’s dilemmas do not go unnoticed. Any company that is unafraid of facing complaints by making them a priority is one that will reign the most successful.
- Responding quickly in this fast-paced society will add value to any business.
- Good property management companies can prioritize issues and tackle them head-on. Even if a solution is not available right away, a good manager will take time to address the issue with a tenant and begin to ease their concerns.
- Following up on a maintenance issue or complaint should also be a priority. Tenants will appreciate the effort and feel as though they are a main priority, thus making their rental experience that much more satisfactory.
Bay Management Group takes nothing for granted when it comes to the rental properties entrusted to them.
That is why their main priority is providing superior customer service in all areas of property management: 24/7 responsiveness for all maintenance requests, professional, knowledgeable, and experienced representation for your leasing and property management needs, and solid relationships with the tenants leasing your home.
- See Renter Satisfaction
The last step to providing great customer service to the tenants renting your property is seeing that tenants are actually satisfied. After all, tenant satisfaction and tenant retention often go hand in hand.
- As a landlord, check in with some of your long term renters and ask them how the management team is handling their questions and concerns.
- Question the lease agreement clarity, how maintenance requests are handled, and ask what improvements or additional services, if any, might be considered for a better renting experience.
As Montgomery County’s best property management group, Bay Management Group prides itself in being professional customer service experts that manage rental properties at an exceptional level.
Knowing that you will be able to ask you tenants for feedback and hear only positive remarks is something all landlords strive for.
Tenants value their time and want everything to be done efficiently, quickly, and easily, just as any customer would.
Remembering that tenants can take their rent payments elsewhere should be incentive enough for landlords to hire only the best property management groups available to provide high-level customer service to their tenants.
Taking this time to acknowledge tenants as customers will keep vacancy rates low and rental satisfaction high.
Call your Montgomery County property management team today to help you manage your rental properties and know that customer service will be made a top priority.