Finding a great real estate agent in Philadelphia can easily become overwhelming; after all, there are over 1,500 Realtors® in the Philly region to choose from. With so many options, it can be difficult to figure out where to start.
To help you in your search, we have combed the Philadelphia real estate market to help you identify the best agents in the area.
We have high standards when it comes to selecting our top picks for agents because we know that buyers like you want agents with proven records of success.
To determine our top picks for real estate agents in the area, our experts analyzed them based on the following qualities to ensure they exceed your expectations:
- And more
And, because of our stringent selection process, only 12 high-quality real estate agents made the cut.
Top 12 Real Estate Agents
1. Mike McCann
Mike McCann is known around town as “The Real Estate Man.” He and his team have extensive knowledge about the real estate market, and are dedicated to providing property owners seeking rentals the best customer service.
McCann has all of these great real estate agent qualities:
- Passion for the diverse properties Philly has to offer
- Experience helping you to buy, sell, or invest in properties
- Commitment to finding you the ideal property and never settling for less
Mike McCann has been honored as a top-selling Realtor® for more than 30 years, and is proud to work with the highly reputable Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices as well as Fox & Roach Realtors®.
Jeanne Whipple, co-founder of the Philly Home Girls, has what it takes to get you the perfect rental property. Whipple loves feeling rested and recharged at her home in Fishtown, and hopes the same for all of her clients. And she certainly has the credentials to help you find your next rental home. Whipple boasts top-ranking awards from the likes of Coldwell Banker Preferred, USAA, and the Philadelphia Business Journal, to name a few.
Whipple brings to the table the following:
- Professional insight into the real estate market conditions surrounding your investment
- 5-star reviews on major sites like Zillow, Trulia, and Yelp
- Experience building construction homes from the ground up and occasional house flipping
With an appreciation for local cultural events and renowned culinary scene, Jeanne Whipple knows what makes a place and community feel like home, and understands that those same things will likely make her clients and their tenants feel at home as well.
Kristin McFeely, along with Jeanne Whipple, is another co-founder of Philly Home Girls. She has the knowledge, experience, and drive to help rental property owners find great investment properties. In fact, she has been a licensed Realtor® since 2005. McFeely further shows her expertise in her accreditation as a Certified Relocation Professional, meaning she has extensive knowledge in every aspect of employee relocation.
As part of the Philly Home Girls team, McFeely has:
- Been welcomed into Coldwell Banker Preferred’s Diamond Society
- Become a leader in the Coldwell Banker Preferred Mentor Program
- Become one of the highest ranking real estate agents on Yelp
If what you need is a passionate person who thrives on road trips, architecture, and all things real estate, Kristin McFeely is the one to call.
Giovanni Carpino is not only a licensed real estate agent, but a broker as well, meaning he brings lots of education and experience to the table when it comes to finding you an investment property. As a Realtor® for Remax Eastern, Inc., Giovanni prides himself in having rave reviews about his services on Zillow.
Here’s what you’ll experience when hiring Carpino. He:
- Promises prompt response times to all clientele and interested prospects
- Was born and raised in Mayfair
- Seeks to make purchasing property less stressful for all involved
With a deep understanding of real estate, Giovanni Carpino can find just the rental you are looking for, in a minimal amount of time. His motto is: “I open doors for you to close.”
Representing clients looking to invest in real estate since 2006, Jennifer Grosskopf is a licensed Realtor® with an in-depth knowledge of the current market trends. Understanding the neighborhoods, pricing trends, and inventory at any given moment, Jennifer uses her industry skills to get you the deal of a lifetime.
- Personal one-on-one service to all clientele
- A solid grasp on modern technology and utilizes it to her advantage
- Guidance to property owners every step of the way in a stress-free environment
Bringing her own personal experiences with relocating to build her career, Grosskopf understands the need to trust your real estate agent. If you are looking for a reputable real estate agent that is a source for all things real estate, Jennifer Grosskopf may be just who you need.
6. Chris Baker
Born and raised in Philadelphia, it is safe to say Chris Baker knows a thing or two about what rental property owners, and their future tenants, are looking for in a property. In fact, he has lived in Rittenhouse Square, Fishtown, and Queen Village, to name a few, and knows each neighborhood intimately. With a passion for the city’s diversity, Baker prides himself in understanding the marketplace.
You’ll be happy to hear that Baker:
- Embraces a hands-on approach to finding you the rental you need
- Seeks to forge lifelong relationships that you can utilize throughout your landlord career
- Works with first-time buyers and seasoned portfolio holders with the same care and attention
If you are looking for someone that appreciates what Philadelphia is made of, and is dedicated to helping property owners make excellent purchasing decisions, consider using Chris Baker for your real estate needs.
Laurie Philips is a highly experienced real estate agent. Selling real estate for 37 years, she specializes in luxury, multi-million dollar homes. To add to that, she is well known amongst national architects and developers.
By hiring Phillips, you’ll be promised that she:
- Sells exclusively in Philadelphia and has a deep understanding of the real estate industry
- Offers unparalleled customer service making clients feel at ease about their large purchases
- Is dedicated to a select few clients – this ensures you receive her utmost attention
Earning many top honors and distinctions across her real estate career, Phillips was most recently designated as the #1 Individual Agent in the Philadelphia Region for BHHS Fox Roach Realtors® (2015). She also has the awards of Top Producer in Philadelphia, Top Lister in Center City, Top Seller in Center City, along with many others. If you are looking to invest in a high-end rental property, Laurie Phillips is the one to call.
Maria is a native to Philadelphia, and was one of the first to set up a real estate team in the city. With extensive knowledge in sales and marketing, Maria knows what it takes to sell your property, what makes a quality property, and where in the city you will fare best. In fact, Quattrone earned a place amongst the 100 Most Influential Brokers in Pennsylvania.
Among her many strengths, Quattrone:
- Has received the 5-Star Overall Satisfaction Award, which only the top 2% of Philadelphia real estate agents are privy to, among numerous other awards for her outstanding leadership and customer service
- Demonstrates dedication to working as a team, thus boosting her success and client satisfaction
- Is actively involved in local philanthropy, thus solidifying her ties to her community
Quattrone is one of the most well rounded real estate agents on the market today, and a successful one at that, with over $500m in sales earning to date. She loves the city she grew up in, and is committed to helping you find a great rental property for your tenants to call home.
9. Robin Gordon
Robin Gordon is a lifelong Philadelphia resident that is very familiar with the city of her childhood, and its evolution. As a top-selling agent for the last 15 years, who has raked in $160 million dollars thus far in sales with her team, Robin brings a great deal of experience to the real estate industry.
You’ll be thrilled that Gordon is:
- A proven networker, negotiator, and deal maker
- Exceptional at marketing her client’s properties, as well as finding her clients new ones
- Known for her quick response times and appreciation for the community at large
As one of the top 100 Realtors® out of 60,000 in the nationwide Prudential franchise system, as well as a mother, runner, and college student with a passion for architecture, Robin can help you find exactly what you are looking for in a rental property.
10. Jason Matthews
Jason Matthews, of the Houzwer real estate agency, is the leader of the PA Suburbs team, covering Montgomery, Delaware, Chester, and Bucks Counties. Matthews works closely with a dedicated team of agents that all participate in helping you buy your rental property, as Houwzer’s approach to buying and selling real estate is unique. Each Houwzer agent focuses either on buying or selling – never both, thus allowing them to be more specialized.
With 15+ years of experience in real estate, and a 25-year residency in the western suburbs of Philly, Jason brings knowledge of the suburbs to potential buyers and sellers so they can find the right price or investment property for their needs.
With his experience, Matthews brings:
- Dual degrees in Business Administration and Computer Science
- A business mindset to close financially sound deals
- Technology know-how to make it in this tech-driven world
Jason Matthews is also currently an Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR), Certified Negotiation Expert (CNE), Broker Price Opinion Resource (BPOR), and PA Notary Public – he is a real estate agent that you can certainly feel confident has the knowledge and skills to find you the right rental property.
11. Chad Eason
Chad Eason, also of Houwzer, is the Team Leader for their largest office in Center City. With experience helping to create local favorite Girard Gardens, and involvement in helping to spread Philly’s Bike Share program, Chad has a deep appreciation for the community he lives in.
Eason is known for his:
- Enthusiasm for his community that spills over into his ability to help people find the perfect rental property for their portfolio
- Strong, successful team that backs him during the entire buying and selling process
- 100% focus on his clients
Because of his experience with local community projects, and the fact that he has an M.A. in International Development with an Urban Focus, Eason brings unique experience to the table that makes him one of Houwzer’s top real estate agents in Center Philly, and possibly the perfect agent for you.
12. Ashley Santee
Ashley Santee is the lead real estate agent of Houwzer’s New Construction and Investor division. With the help of Santee, Houwzer’s New Construction division typically sells properties within 36 days of listing, saves developers thousands thanks to their unique brokerage model, and has a track record of over $120m in overall sales.
Santee’s success is evident in her:
- Skillset to compete in this highly competitive market
- Certified Negotiation Expert (CNE) certificate from RENI
- S. in Design and Merchandising from Drexel University
Specializing in marketing new construction projects, as well as multi-unit projects, Santee ensures that people always know what great properties are available for purchase, or soon to be. Ashley Santee has the drive, dedication, and focus to help you choose the right investment property.
Dealing in real estate – whether you’re buying or selling – can be much less stressful, and a lot more exciting, when you have the right real estate agent on your side.
We’re confident that you’ll be in great hands when you choose one of the talented agents we’ve highlighted above.
Have you worked with any of the agents on our list? We’d love to hear your feedback!