The COVID-19 pandemic may have canceled plenty of plans, but the Summer spirit is alive and well in Harrisburg. Whether you are looking for farm shows or food trucks, family fun can still happen with some added precautions. Check out these Summer events in Harrisburg below!
Family-Friendly Activities in Harrisburg
- Hersheypark: Located 20 minutes from Harrisburg off US-322. Hersheypark offers thrilling roller coasters plus a water park to beat the Summer heat. Visit them online to view special promotions and learn about enhanced safety measures currently in place. Fun for all ages, but don’t forget to pick up some sweet treats while you are there!
- Harrisburg Senators Baseball: The baseball season is canceled but not the family fun! So, take advantage of the Ballpark Movie Series offering family-friendly movies on select Friday nights. Tickets are $6.00, and fans are encouraged to bring chairs or blankets to sit on. Check out their website for films and times plus review COVID safety requirements.
- Water Golf on City Island: Now open for the 2020 season, Water Golf is a must-see 18 hole miniature golf course on scenic City Island. Enjoy an eclectic mix of challenging holes while taking in views of the Susquehanna River. Prices range from $6.50 to $7.50 with operating hours of 10 am to 10 pm, weather permitting.
Local Harrisburg Spots Perfect for Foodies
- Explore the Brew Barons Beer Trail: Thanks to an interactive app, you and friends can take a self-guided tour on Brew Barons Beer Trail. Showcasing 20+ local breweries, patrons visit at their own pace. Additionally, be sure to check in with your phone’s GPS to earn prizes as you go.
- Char’s at Tracy Mansion: A premier French-inspired fine dining spot with commanding Susquehanna river views. The Mansion dates back to 1913 and offers a variety of dining experiences from the Bar to the Library. Fun fact, it is 100% powered by wind energy!
- 1700 Degrees Steakhouse: Stunning décor “meats” delicious food in this classic American steakhouse. They offer a carefully selected menu of Midwestern dry-aged beef and sustainable seafood, all complemented by expertly paired wine or rare spirits. Accolades include 2015 winner of OpenTable’s Diners’ Choice Awards!
Something for Everyone To Do in Harrisburg
- Wildwood Nature Center: Enjoy a variety of hiking trails, lake activities, and educational learning for the kids.
- Greenbelt Biking Trail: A 20-mile trail hailed as one of the best bike routes around. Pick up the trail along Front Street and ride near the Susquehanna River taking in city and nature views alike.
- The HBG Flea: Focusing on sustainability and small businesses, the HBG Flea has become a treasured weekend event. Popping up in various locations on the first Saturday of the month, check out their website for the most up to date information.
The COVID pandemic does not need to squash your fun Summer plans. Plenty of options for Summer events in Harrisburg still exist, just with modifications. Are you new to the Harrisburg area or need help finding a rental property? A Harrisburg property management company can help! Contact Bay Property Management Group Harrisburg to get information about renting a home in Harrisburg or to talk to one of our experts about property management services in Harrisburg.