Bay Property Management Group Northern Virginia, LLC is seeking an experienced property manager to join our growing team. This individual will be responsible for a portfolio of 150-175 doors, including single-family homes, townhomes, and condos. These doors are located in the Northern Virginia market and are individually owned by investors that we have contracts with. This is a primarily customer-service oriented role and will require liaising with tenants, property owners, and other constituents. You will not manage any staff for this role.
About the Company
Bay Property Management Group is one of the fastest growing and highly reviewed property management companies in the Mid-Atlantic. We are currently managing over $800 million dollars worth of property, have over 5,300 units under management, and have 130+ employees. BMG has a friendly and connected team, where hard work and dedication are rewarded. Come join our team and understand why a career in Real Estate and property management is the right opportunity for you.
What You Do All Day
- Manage all aspects of an assigned property portfolio of approximately 150-175 doors.
- Communicate effectively between and on behalf of multiple constituents, including property owners, tenants, regulatory bodies, vendors, staff members, and others.
- Provide impeccable customer service to all clients by responding to emails, voicemails, and other communications promptly.
- Manage all work order submissions from tenants in AppFolio, assigning technicians and contractors as appropriate.
- Troubleshoot issues and work orders on behalf of tenants and owners
- Schedule service with maintenance technicians or vendors and follow up to ensure the quality of work and completion.
- Approving invoices for maintenance work accurately and in a timely manner, based on provided funds from the property owner.
- Maintain low delinquency and budget for the properties
- Work collaboratively with multiple constituents to resolve and de-escalate potential issues that may occur.
- Lead and coordinate the turnover process for properties that are vacant and being prepared for new tenants, including cleaning, maintenance, compliance, and property preparation.
- Ensure that all properties in the assigned portfolio meet all the requisite codes and compliance for the location, included lead certifications, property registration, rental licenses, and other required certifications.
- As needed, handle issues between owners and tenants in court on behalf of BMG.
- Complete administrative tasks related to tracking and documenting work.
- Send late rent letters, file in court for collections, and schedule evictions.
- Process move-outs for security deposit reimbursement.
- Active involvement in the lease renewal process.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma
- Impeccable customer service skills
- Previous experience as a property manager is preferred, but not required.
- Real Estate License required. If you do not have one we will pay for you to get it.
- Ability to read and write professionally in English
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Outlook and Excel
- Ability to read and create spreadsheets
- Able to problem-solve independently and think quickly
- Able to handle tense and emotional customers professionally
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities and tasks simultaneously
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and requirements for rental properties in assigned area
- Knowledge of basic home repair and maintenance issues, such as filter changes, appliances, seasonal cleaning, and other typical issues.
- Time management skills
- Extremely thorough and detail-oriented, particularly with email and software systems.
Benefits and Salary
- $70,000 salary
- 15 days of PTO (banked on a weekly basis). 1 extra day added per year with a max of 20 days.
- 6 paid holidays
- Healthcare/dental/vision – paid by the employee
- 401k with company contribution