Bay Property Management Group is seeking an experienced property manager to join our growing team. This individual will be responsible for a portfolio of 175-200 units, including single-family homes, townhomes, condos, and apartment buildings. These units are spread throughout Philadelphia and the surrounding counties. This is a primarily customer-service oriented role and will require liaising with tenants, property owners, and other constituents. You will not manage any staff for this role.
About the Company
Bay Property Management Group is one of the fastest-growing and highly reviewed property management companies in the Mid-Atlantic. We are currently managing over $800 million dollars worth of property, have over 5,500 units under management, and have 170+ employees. BMG has a friendly and connected team, where hard work and dedication are rewarded. Come join our team and understand why a career in Real Estate and property management is the right opportunity for you.
What You Do All Day
- Manage all aspects of an assigned property portfolio of approximately 175-200 units
- Communicate effectively between and on behalf of multiple constituents, including property owners, tenants, regulatory bodies, vendors, and others
- Provide impeccable customer service to all clients by responding to emails, voicemails, and other communications within 24 hours
- Manage all work order submissions from tenants in Appfolio, assigning technicians as appropriate
- Troubleshoot issues and work orders on behalf of tenants and owners
- Schedule service with maintenance technicians or vendors and follow up to ensure quality of work and completion.
- Completing invoices for maintenance work accurately and in a timely manner, based on provided funds from property owner
- Maintain low delinquency and budget for property
- Work collaboratively with multiple constituents to resolve and de-escalate potential issues
- Lead and coordinate the turn process for properties that are vacant and being prepared for new tenants, including cleaning, maintenance, and property preparation.
- Ensure that all properties in assigned portfolio meet all the requisite codes and compliance for the location, included lead certifications, property registration, rental licenses, and other required certifications.
- As needed, handle issues between owners and tenants in court on behalf of BMG
- Complete administrative tasks related to tracking and documenting work
- Send late rent letters, file in court for collections, and schedule evictions
- Process move-outs for security deposit reimbursement.
- Process all lease renewals
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma
- Impeccable customer service skills
- Previous experience as a property manager is preferred.
- Ability to read and write professionally in English
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Outlook and Excel
- Ability to read and create spreadsheets
- Able to problem-solve independently and think quickly
- Able to handle tense and emotional customers professionally
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities and tasks simultaneously
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and requirements for rental properties in assigned area
- Knowledge of basic home repair and maintenance issues, such as filter changes, appliances, seasonal cleaning, and other typical issues.
- Time management skills
- Extremely thorough and detail-oriented
Benefits and Salary
Salary range [here]. BMG offers 401K, employee-paid health insurance, 6 paid holidays, and 15 PTO days (after 90 day probationary period).