Onsite Maintenance Technician
Bay Property Management Group is seeking a Maintenance Technician, assigned to a portfolio of properties managed by BMG, including apartments, condos, and single- and multi-family housing buildings. This position is responsible for a variety of maintenance tasks including painting, plumbing, carpentry, electric, HVAC, and other general maintenance typical for homes and apartments.
Tasks and Responsibilities of the Role
- Process and fulfill work orders for a variety of maintenance issues including, but not limited to, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, paint, filter changes, general handyman services.
- Identify and repair any plumbing issues
- Assists with the turning of vacant units to prepare them for new tenants
- As needed, complete bulk haul trash removal
- Some landscaping work, such as mowing and weeding
- Maintain close relationships with vendors
- Maintain extensive administrative records
- Complete invoices for all work completed
- Complete work quickly and efficiently to control costs for owners
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High School Diploma
- Able to read, write, and speak English; Spanish a plus
- Plumbing certification strongly preferred
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Reliable vehicle and tools
- Able to utilize work order tracking system on multiple devices, such as a phone, tablet, or laptop
- Knowledge of common maintenance issues in residential units
- Exceptional time management skills
- Impeccable customer service skills
Benefits and Salary
$48K, dependent on experience and qualifications. BMG offers 401K, employee-paid health insurance, 6 paid holidays, and 15 PTO days (after 90 day probationary period).