Make Ready Technician
Bay Property Management Group is seeking a Make Ready Technician, assigned to properties managed by BMG, including apartments, condos, and single- and multi-family housing buildings. This position is responsible for a variety of maintenance tasks including painting, carpentry, and other general maintenance typical for homes and apartments.
About the Company
Bay Property Management Group is one of the fastest-growing and highly reviewed property management companies in the Mid-Atlantic. We are currently managing over $800 million dollars worth of property, have over 5,500 units under management, and have 170+ employees. BMG has a friendly and connected team, where hard work and dedication are rewarded. Come join our team and understand why a career in Real Estate and property management is the right opportunity for you.
Tasks and Responsibilities of the Role
- Process and fulfill work orders for a variety of maintenance issues including, but not limited to paint, filter changes, garbage disposals, door/window repairs, towel bars, vanities, caulk work, screens, bulbs, smokes/co’s, blinds, drip pans, weather stripping, screen doors, concrete patches, floor installs, toilet/sink repairs, and other general handyman services.
- Move out and routine property inspections using AppFolio inspections
- Providing estimates for and turning over vacant units to prepare them for new tenants (including full paint, as needed)
- Maintain invoices, work orders, and timesheets for jobs.
- Balance schedule that fluctuates constantly
- Complete work quickly and efficiently to control costs for owners
- Company credit card use and receipt management
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High School Diploma
- 1-2 years experience as Make Ready Technician required
- Able to read, write, and speak English; Spanish a plus
- Plumbing certification preferred, but not required
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Able to utilize work order tracking system on multiple devices, such as a phone, tablet, or laptop
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
- Knowledge of common maintenance issues in residential units
- Exceptional time management skills
- Impeccable customer service skills
- 401k with company match
- Employee-paid health insurance
- 6 paid holidays, and 15 PTO days (after 90-day probationary period).
- $17 per hour