Bay Property Management Group Northern Virginia is seeking a Maintenance Technician, assigned to a portfolio of properties managed by BMG, including apartments, condos, and single- and multi-family housing buildings. This position is responsible for a variety of maintenance tasks including painting, plumbing, carpentry, electric, HVAC, and other general maintenance typical for homes and apartments.
About the Company
Bay Property Management Group is one of the fastest-growing and highly reviewed property management companies in the Mid-Atlantic. We are currently managing over $800 million dollars worth of property, have over 5,300 units under management, and have 130+ employees. BMG has a friendly and connected team, where hard work and dedication are rewarded. Come join our team and understand why a career in Real Estate and property management is the right opportunity for you.
Tasks and Responsibilities of the Role
- Process and fulfill work orders for a variety of maintenance issues including, but not limited to, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, paint, filter changes.
- Assists with the turning of vacant units to prepare them for new tenants, including carpet shampoo
- As needed, complete bulk haul trash removal
- Some landscaping work, such as mowing and weeding
- Maintain close relationships with vendors
- Maintain extensive administrative records
- Complete invoices for all work completed
- Complete work quickly and efficiently to control costs for owners
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High School Diploma
- Able to read, write, and speak English; Spanish a plus
- HVAC, Electrical, or Plumbing certification strongly preferred
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Able to utilize work order tracking system on multiple devices, such as a phone, tablet, or laptop
- Knowledge of common maintenance issues in residential units
- Exceptional time management skills
- Impeccable customer service skills
Benefits and Salary
$70K, dependent on experience and qualifications. BMG offers 401K, employee-paid health insurance, 6 paid holidays, and 15 PTO days (after 90-day probationary period).