Bay Property Management Group is seeking a Maintenance Technician, assigned to a portfolio of properties managed by BMG, including apartments, condos, and single- and multi-family housing buildings. This position is responsible for a variety of maintenance tasks including painting, plumbing, carpentry, electric, HVAC, and other general maintenance typical for homes and apartments.
About the Company
Bay Property Management Group is one of the fastest-growing and highly reviewed property management companies in the Mid-Atlantic. We are currently managing over $800 million dollars worth of property, have over 5,500 units under management, and have 170+ employees. BMG has a friendly and connected team, where hard work and dedication are rewarded. Come join our team and understand why a career in Real Estate and property management is the right opportunity for you.
Tasks and Responsibilities of the Role
- Process and fulfill work orders for a variety of maintenance issues including, but not limited to plumbing, electrical, paint, filter changes, garbage disposals, door/window repairs, towel bars, vanities, caulk work, screens, bulbs, smokes/co’s, blinds, drip pans, weather stripping, screen doors, concrete patches, floor installs, toilet/sink repairs, and other general handyman services.
- Move out and routine property inspections using AppFolio inspections
- Providing estimates for and turning over vacant units to prepare them for new tenants (including full paint, as needed)
- Maintain invoices, work orders, and timesheets for jobs.
- Balance schedule that fluctuates constantly
- Complete work quickly and efficiently to control costs for owners
- Company credit card use and receipt management
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High School Diploma
- Able to read, write, and speak English; Spanish a plus
- Plumbing certification preferred, but not required
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Reliable Van/Truck and tools that can be used for work
- Able to utilize work order tracking system on multiple devices, such as a phone, tablet, or laptop
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
- Knowledge of common maintenance issues in residential units
- Exceptional time management skills
- Impeccable customer service skills
- Quarterly performance bonus (ranges between $500-$1000 per quarter)
- 401k with company match
- Employee-paid health insurance
- 6 paid holidays, and 15 PTO days (after 90 day probationary period).
- $30 per hour