The fundamental duties of the Compliance Manager are to monitor the company’s compliance and program regulations. Perform a full range of resident file reviews and regulatory reporting. Work is performed according to generally accepted standards and within policies included in state and federal law and administrative regulations. The Compliance Manager must exercise independent judgment and is subject to periodic review based on results achieved.
About the Company
Bay Property Management Group is one of the fastest-growing and highly reviewed property management companies in the Mid-Atlantic. We are currently managing over $800 million dollars worth of property, have over 5,500 units under management, and have 170+ employees. BMG has a friendly and connected team, where hard work and dedication are rewarded. Come join our team and understand why a career in Real Estate and property management is the right opportunity for you.
What You Do All Day
- Reviews new applicant files and recertification packages for regulatory eligibility
- Provides support and guidance to on-site teams through e-mails and phone calls
- Provides support and guidance to regional managers
- Monitors continuing program compliance for properties
- Reviews occupancy summaries and unit status reports
- Prepares upcoming recertification summary
- Reports audit findings to Regional Managers and assists management with recommendations to develop appropriate action plans to address identified risks.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely submission of all regulatory required reports.
- Updates monthly audit status report
- Ensures sensitive data is secure and managed appropriately within the compliance department and throughout the organization.
- Demonstrates high standards of conduct and ethics as well as appropriate judgment, independence, and discretion.
- Performs other tasks as required when directed by Company management.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree w/ 3+ years of experience
- Property Management and or Real Estate experience is a plus.
- Accounting experience is also a plus.
Benefits and Salary
Salary range, commensurate with experience and qualifications. BMG offers 401K, employee-paid health insurance, 6 paid holidays, and 15 PTO days (after 90 day probationary period).