Bay Property Management Group is seeking an Assistant Property Manager to join our growing team. This individual will assist the Property Management team in managing a portfolio of 175-200 units, including single family homes, townhomes, condos, and apartment buildings. These units are spread throughout Prince George’s County and the surrounding counties. This is a primarily administrative role and will require liaising with tenants, property owners, and other constituents.
About the Company
Bay Property Management Group is one of the fastest growing and highly reviewed property management companies in the Mid-Atlantic. We are currently managing over $800 million dollars worth of property, have over 5,500 units under management, and have 170+ employees. BMG has a friendly and connected team, where hard work and dedication are rewarded. Come join our team and understand why a career in Real Estate and property management is the right opportunity for you.
What You Do All Day
- Work collaboratively with the other Assistant Property Manager to complete projects and deliver impeccable customer service
- Oversee the leasing department, ensuring that leases and other related paperwork are prepared and completed
- Manage and track all delinquency, including scheduling and posting evictions.
- Serve as backup for the Maintenance Coordinator, assisting with scheduling maintenance and tracking work orders
- Build and maintain quality relationships with tenants, helping to resolve issues as they arise
- Manage parking for the property, assigning permits and maintaining records
- Manage the turnover process for vacant units, ensuring their readiness for new occupants by completing move out inspections
- Maintain package lockers for tenants
- Other miscellaneous tasks to help the Regional Property Manager and Property Manager Department.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Able to read and write proficiently in English, Spanish a plus
- Impeccable customer service skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Outlook and Excel
- Ability to read and create spreadsheets
- Able to problem solve independently and think quickly
- Able to handle tense and emotional customers professionally
- Time management skills
- Extremely thorough and detail-oriented
Benefits and Salary
Salary range [here]. BMG offers 401K, employee-paid health insurance, 6 paid holidays, and 15 PTO days (after 90 day probationary period).