Located in the southern part of Harford County, Maryland, Edgewood is home to a growing population of residents that value the history of their town, their residential neighborhoods, shopping centers, industrial centers, and business parks.
The town of Edgewood, along with its neighbor Aberdeen, is highly recognized for being an area of testing by this nation’s armed forces during WWI.
Historically a rural agricultural area until the onset of war, for much of the latter 20th century this city of 25,000 residents has boomed into a welcome suburban to raise families and enjoy the city life as well.
With an easy commute out to larger cities such as downtown Baltimore via Interstate 94, U.S. Route 40, and MD Routes 7 and 24, Edgewood locals have no problem finding employment. In fact, transportation is so convenient in Edgewood, even the public bus service, Harford Transit, connects to places such as Baltimore, Maryland, Washington, D.C., and Martinsburg, West Virginia.
This growing town boasts a number of restaurants, hotels, local parks, and more.
If you are looking for rental properties where there is a perfect balance between city life and suburbia, Edgewood, Maryland may be the place for you to start investing right now
Top benefits of owning an investment property in Property in Edgewood, MD
Owning an investment property will yield you sizeable returns and come with more added benefits than financial investments such as stocks, bonds, savings accounts, and retirement funds.
Here are some of the benefits that come with investing in a rental property, specifically in Edgewood, Maryland:
- Population Growth
Edgewood’s population continues to rise at alarming rates and there seems to be no stop in sight.
As more jobs are being created in the area, paired with the easy ability to commute to larger cities, more people are looking to settle down in this suburban town.
This means more opportunity for you to invest in property and gain a long-term tenant.
- Prime Location
As the population continues to rise in Edgewood, it is easy to wonder why. However, the answer to that question is quite simple: location, location, location.
With a rich history, a tight-knit community feel, and the expansion of the city offering great places for dining and entertainment, as well as shopping, it should be no wonder why people are drawn to this town. This draw is exactly what you should be looking for when it comes to owning rental properties.
- Steady Cash Flow
Property investors have an array of tax incentives and deductions available to them. Not only are they able to write off property taxes and depreciation, but they can also deduct business expenses like travel and maintenance.
- Your Mortgage Is Paid For You
For all of Edgewood investment properties, you can trust that a steady cash flow will be generated each month. Though it depends on the type of investment you decide to take advantage of, it is not uncommon to earn hundreds, if not thousands of extra dollars per month.
With Edgewood’s cost of living being far below the national average, you can expect your tenants to be financially sound and able to make monthly rent payments on time. This makes for a great supplemental income and is another added benefit of investing in rental properties.
Benefits of Hiring Professional Property Management in Edgewood, MD
Those investing in rental properties have the ability to collect monthly income from their tenants without doing much legwork, if they do it right.
While you can certainly manage your rental properties alone, if you want to make the most of your investments you should consider hiring a professional Harford County property management company to do even more of the work for you.
Property management groups are helpful for a number of reasons:
- They save you time and headaches –You will have to handle zero late night calls or unnecessary conflict disputes. Property management groups handle repair calls, schedule the maintenance requests, collect rent, and even handle complex legal matters such as early lease terminations or evictions.
- They screen tenants for you – Pre-screening tenants and conducting thorough background checks is the norm so that only the best tenants are placed in your investment properties. With this you can anticipate your rental home to be properly cared for, expect lower turnover rates and timely rent collections, and enjoy the financial security you are building for yourself.
- They conduct routine inspections – On-site evaluations and walk-throughs are a must if you want your properties to remain in good condition. Management groups can do this for you so you don’t have to. This saves you lots of time and prevents tenants from thwarting responsibility for your property.
Why Choose Bay Property Management Group?
At Bay Property Management Group Harford County your Edgewood rental properties are managed efficiently and professionally, leaving you with the peace of mind that everything is being handled properly.
Dedicated solely to property management, Bay Property Management Group prides itself on its approach towards customer service and is broker-owned which is an added bonus in Maryland.
Here are some of the things you can expect, should you choose to hire Bay Property Management Group for all of your management needs:
- Efficient Marketing – All properties under the care of Bay Property Management Group are aggressively marketed on many platforms to increase their exposure to the public. On average, all properties are leased in less than 30 days, so you can trust your rental will not stay vacant for long.
- Superior Maintenance Procedures – At Bay Property Management Group only the most qualified local contractors are hired to do maintenance or repairs on your properties. In addition, tenants and landlords can access the staff at all hours no matter what the issue is. Your property and tenants will always be cared for which helps when it comes time for resigning a lease agreement.
- Complete Financial Transparency – Knowing where your money goes each month is one of the most important features when it comes to hiring a professional property management comapny. Monthly and annual financial statements are necessary for landlords to understand their property’s cash flow and Bay Property Management Group provides all of their landlords just this.
At the end of the day, you want to know that your investment properties are in good hands. Though there are many property management companies to choose from that service the Edgewood area, none compare to the level of service Bay Property Management Group Harford County can provide you.