At Bay Property Management Group, our goal is to make property ownership a pleasurable and profitable experience for our clients. We know that our success is due to our incredible team members and how they each contribute something special to our property management team.
Therefore, we initiated the Employee Spotlight to help you get to know more about our talented employees and how their unique backgrounds help us stay a “cut above the rest.”
Today, we are proud to introduce Naomi Alfred, who is celebrating 10 years at Bay Property Management Group. Read on to discover all about Naomi and her professional background, along with insights from others who have worked with her through the years.
Meet Naomi Alfred
Naomi was the very first employee at Bay Property Management Group. She previously worked as a bookkeeper, and began at BMG helping to manage monthly accounting statements. However, she has assisted in almost every role throughout the company over the years, including leasing, maintenance coordination, and property management.
As the company grew, Naomi used every opportunity to learn new roles and took on new responsibilities with enthusiasm. This year she celebrates 10 years of dedicated service as a Property Manager specializing in multi-family buildings. She currently manages a staff of 12 along with compliance, maintenance, and tenant relations for a portfolio of nearly 500 units.
A Day in the Life of Naomi Alfred, Property Manager
As a busy property manager in Baltimore, each day presents new challenges. Typically, Naomi is busy reviewing work orders, scheduling maintenance, checking delinquency reports, and handling tenant questions or concerns.
Yet, being able to assess and respond to changing circumstances quickly is one of Naomi’s favorite things about her role. At first, many things surprised her about property management, but now, she is no longer surprised by anything.
In addition to helping her own team ensure tenants and clients receive efficient service, Naomi is a go-to resource for others in the company.
Thanks to her vast experience, Naomi has been able to provide guidance on many different scenarios over the years. Other property managers and team members know that Naomi is a trusted source for industry expertise and helpful advice.
Why Naomi Loves BMG
Naomi believes that our team of employees sets Bay Property Management Group apart. BMG is committed to our tenants, owners, and company at every level. Her best advice for those considering a career in this exciting industry would be to maintain a positive attitude and never procrastinate. In addition, staying current on all things related to your position is essential, as laws and regulations can constantly evolve.
Naomi’s loyal nature is just part of why she has chosen to stay with the company over the last decade. One of her favorite memories is attending company gatherings where everyone can just have fun and forge the bonds that make our team work so well. When asked where Naomi sees herself over the next 10 years, she responded: “I see the company continuing to expand and myself continuing to grow.”
Getting to Know Naomi Outside of the Office
- What do you like to do when you’re not in the office? – I love reading, movies, and spending time with my family.
- What is one thing on your bucket list? – To visit Argentina – where my dad is from and meet my family there.
- If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you want to meet and why? – I would want to meet my Grandmother on my father’s side of the family – to hear stories of my ancestors and our family.
- What is the best book you have ever read? – Master of the Game by Sydney Sheldon
- If you could dis-invent one thing, what would it be? – Social Media
- Which three words to describe yourself? – Loyal, Honest, Organized
Celebrating 10 Years with Bay Property Management Group
Bay Property Management Group has come a long way in 10 years! Naomi has been integral in developing many of the policies and protocols we still use today. She was there every step of the way, from humble beginnings in a home office to multiple locations throughout Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, and Pennsylvania. Her organizational skills and focus helped lend stability to those early years. But, according to Naomi, being a part of the ground floor of such a rapidly growing company is a humbling experience.
As we congratulate Naomi on 10 years of dedicated service, here is what a few of her coworkers had to say:
Patrick Freeze – President, Bay Property Management Group
- “Naomi was the first employee Bay Property Management had! As the company continued to grow, Naomi grew along with us. I can’t imagine where Bay Property Management Group would be without her. We hope she continues to grow within the organization and will cross our fingers that she remains with us for the rest of her working career. Congratulations, Naomi!”
Chelsea Lewis – Director of Property Management, Northern Virginia
- “I worked side by side with Naomi when we were both property managers and then became her supervisor for about a year. Naomi has always been an incredible property manager. She was my go-to when I had questions about compliance laws, questions regarding court hearings, or when I just needed to pick her brain about different scenarios. No two days are the same in property management, and I knew I could look to her to give me advice. Naomi is truly one of a kind, and I have enjoyed working with her over the years!”
Tony Cook – Chief Operating Officer
- “Naomi has been a key contributor to BMG since the very beginning. When I first stepped foot into the company, she was my go-to person for many things. To this day, I will call on her for advice, and her name is synonymous with Property Management. I don’t know where this company would be without her. I hope to work with Naomi for another 10 years!”
Carolyn Freeze – Manager, Processing Department
- “Naomi was Bay Management Group’s first hire, and what a ride it has been! Throughout the growing pains of a new company, we shared experiences and laughs along the way. Naomi is the best multi-tasker I know. She can be on the phone, responding to emails, and faxing to the courts, all at once. Naomi is an invaluable asset to Bay Property Management Group, and our appreciation for her continued commitment cannot be overstated.”
Are You in Need of Property Management Services?
Bay Property Management Group is a full-service property management company here to help you with all your residential and multi-family property needs. Our business is strictly property management, so our specialization enables us to serve you better. Contact BMG today to learn more about our property management services and speak to one of our fantastic employees like, Naomi Alfred.