At Bay Property Management Group, we are property management professionals focused on customer service. Furthermore, our goal is to make property ownership both a pleasurable and profitable experience for our clients. We know that our success is due to our awesome team members and how they contribute something special to our property management company.
Therefore, we are initiating our Employee Spotlight to help you know more about our talented employees and how their unique backgrounds and expertise help us stay a “cut above the rest.” Today, we are proud to introduce Megan Schofield, Property Manager for Bay Property Management Group, in our Baltimore office. Read on to discover all about Megan, her professional background, and what she enjoys most about working here at Bay Property Management Group.
Meet Megan Schofield, Property Manager
Megan started out pursuing her AA in college, intending to enter the medical field. However, in 2012 after getting a taste of property management, she was hooked. Megan worked in corporate multi-family housing before joining Bay Property Management’s Baltimore office as a property manager in 2017. Her extensive experience in multi-family has given her a solid foundation for customer service and efficiency that she finds helpful in her day-to-day operations.
A Day in the Life of a Property Manager
The workload for a property manager can seem never-ending at times. Megan manages a portfolio consisting of both single and multi-family housing. In addition, she works closely with new managers to help with training and lend her experienced option to situations that arise. Megan also assists the Director of Property Management with day-to-day tasks and is always willing to pitch in and help any of her coworkers as needed. A typical day for Megan involves lots and lots of problem-solving. According to her, every day brings new challenges! When asked what her favorite part of her job was, Megan responded:
“I love that I am never bored. I also really enjoy meeting new people from all over the place and being able to build relationships, always learning and growing.”
Why Megan Loves Bay Property Management Group
Megan says that what sets Bay Property Management Group apart is the people. BMG has an amazing team atmosphere and is constantly growing, which is an exciting thing to be a part of. The employees genuinely care and dedicate themselves to providing high-quality customer service. Her best piece of advice for those considering this field is to have tough skin! In this industry, you must roll with the punches and be able to multi-task.
Getting to Know Megan Outside of the Office
- When you’re not in the office, what do you like to do? – Spend time with my family and friends. I have three daughters; we love to be outside and get to the beach as often as possible.
- Name something off your bucket list. – Staying in one of those cool little ocean huts in Bora Bora.
- If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you want to meet and why? – My great grandmother. Growing up, I was told many things about her and so many stories of just how amazing she was. I would love to have the opportunity to cook with her; I have SO many questions.
- What is the best book you have ever read? – The Secret Garden – an all-time favorite.
- If you could dis-invent one thing, what would it be? – The automated robo-callers stalking me about my car warranty that I do not have – I think we can all agree on that.
- What are three words to describe yourself? – Honest, Loyal, and Organized
Bay Property Management Group Baltimore is a full-service property management company here to help you with all your residential and multi-family property needs. Our business is strictly property management, so our specialization enables us to serve you better. Contact BMG today to learn more about our property management services and speak to one of our fantastic employees like Megan.