At Bay Property Management Group, we are property management professionals focused on customer service. Furthermore, our goal is to make property ownership both a pleasurable and profitable experience for our clients. We know that our success is due to our awesome team members and how they each contribute something special to our property management company.
Therefore, we are initiating our Employee Spotlight to help you get to know more about our talented employees and how their unique backgrounds and expertise help us stay a “cut above the rest.” Today, we proudly introduce Joy Angco, our Assistant Director of Property Management. Read on to discover all about Joy, her professional background, and what she enjoys most about working here at Bay Property Management Group.
Meet Joy Angco; Assistant Director of Property Management
Joy has worked with BMG for 19 months, starting out as a dedicated property manager. However, Joy is a team player and quickly proved that her attention to detail and customer service skills could benefit her coworkers, as well as our clients. This led to Joy being promoted to an Assistant Director of Property Management in just a short time.
Joy brings a wealth of experience to Bay Property Management Group. She worked in the customer service industry for about ten years before joining the ESL (English as a second language) industry. There, she designed curriculums and class materials while also handling business development. At the same time, Joy conducted career development training for private companies and government agencies.
As an Assistant Director of Property Management at BMG, Joy manages properties in her portfolio, trains new property managers, and so much more. She regularly runs reports to keep track of tenant move-outs, delinquency, owner’s trust account balance, work order status, and unit vacancy.
In addition, Joy supports other property managers wherever needed and ensures that certain documents are completed and submitted on time.
A Day in the Life of Joy Angco
A typical day for Joy starts with responding to emails and returning calls or voicemails that were received overnight. She sends out daily reminders to the team and follows up on their output towards the end of the day.
Then, she works off her daily to-do list. While tasks vary day to day, it usually consists of follow-ups on owner approval or compliance and to vendors on their estimates or work order completion.
One of Joy’s favorite things about her job is that it’s always challenging her critical thinking skills. Although the situations she encounters may be similar, they’re never exactly the same. For instance, several factors may differ, like weather, property layout, and ease of working with the tenant or owner, etc. She says:
“It is not a stereotypical 9 to 5 office job that will bore you as early as 11 am.”
Something that surprised Joy about working in this industry is how much work goes into property management. She notes, “My customer service background comes in handy as I navigate through the needs and demands of our clients.”
Why Joy Loves Bay Property Management Group
According to Joy, the drive to constantly improve processes is what sets BMG apart from other management companies. BMG also takes care of their people, who take care of their clients, so everybody wins. Joy’s best piece of advice for those considering this field or those in the profession already is:
“This job is not for the weak. You will sometimes find yourself in the crossfire between tenants and owners. No matter how you feel, always provide the best service possible. Things may not always turn out the way you hope they would, but doing your best is what matters at the end of the day.”
Getting to Know Joy Outside of the Office
- When you’re not in the office, what do you like to do? – “I spend a lot of my time with my dogs, Hailey and Chowder, who love car rides and walks in the park. On weekends, I make sure that I go out for lunch or coffee with friends and talk about anything but work.”
- Tell us something off your bucket list – “A hot air balloon ride in Cappadoccia during sunrise is definitely on top of the list. Who would not want a champagne toast for breakfast at 4,000 feet above the ground while enjoying the spectacular view of the sun peeking out of the valleys?.”
- If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you want to meet and why? – “Whitney Houston. I will persuade her to give me voice lessons so that I can ace karaoke nights.”
- What is the best book you have ever read? – “I am not a huge reader, but I love Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom. The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey is also a good read.”
- If you could dis-invent one thing, what would it be? – “Electric beauty masks because they are creepy.”
- What are three words to describe yourself? – “Motivated, dependable, creative.”
Bay Property Management Group is a full-service property management company with professional property managers in Philadelphia to help you with all your residential and multi-family property needs. Our business is strictly property management, so our specialization enables us to serve you better. Contact BMG today to learn more about our property management services and speak to one of our fantastic employees like Joy Angco.