At Bay Property Management Group, we are property management professionals focused on customer service. Furthermore, our goal is to make property ownership both a pleasurable and profitable experience for our clients. We know that our success is due to our awesome team members and how they each contribute something special to our property management company.
Therefore, we are initiating our Employee Spotlight to help you get to know more about our talented employees and how their unique backgrounds and expertise help us stay a “cut above the rest.” Today, we proudly introduce Ira Finke, one of our dedicated leasing agents for BMG. Read on to discover all about Ira, his professional background, and what he enjoys most about working here at Bay Property Management Group.
Meet Ira Finkle; Senior Leasing Agent
Ira Finkle is a Senior Leasing Agent and has been with Bay Property Management Group for over six years! He has a B.A. from UMBC in Visual Arts, and before finding his place at BMG, he worked for Nordstrom for 15 years. Ira brings his excellent customer service skills that he learned working in shoes at Nordstrom to BMG every day.
A Day in the Life of Ira Finkle
It’s almost always a busy day for Ira! His day starts around 7 am when he reviews new emails from coworkers or prospective tenants. Ira also takes time each morning to respond to any property inquiries and coordinate showing appointments with interested clients. From there he updates his workflows in our system and ensures all items are complete for any upcoming move ins. With morning tasks accomplished, Ira is typically out doing showings by 10 or 11am.
Ira’s main responsibilities include marketing and showing homes, collecting deposits, creating lease contracts, and turning over keys once the move-in process is complete. In such a fast-paced role, Ira is always on the go. However, thanks to technology, he is able to keep up with everything remotely and come into the office occasionally if needed. When asked if anything surprised him about the property management industry, Ira responded: “Clients will reach out at all hours if they are interested in a property. Even 2 am!”
Why Ira Loves Bay Property Management Group
One part of the job that Ira loves is that he can make his own schedule. He explains, “You are your own boss, and you’re given the opportunity to think for yourself.” His best piece of advice for anyone going into the property management industry is to prepare to work hard and enjoy the rewards.
Getting to Know Ira Outside of the Office
- When you’re not in the office, what do you like to do? – “ My family is very important to me. I have dinner with my 13 year old daughter every Tuesday and we spend some time going for a hike or shopping every Sunday. I also play guitar and try to get in some reading in my off time. I can be found taking my boat out early Sunday mornings in the spring and summer. It’s fun to take it out on a cruise a few times a month and I enjoy bringing my family out with me as well.”
- Tell us something off your bucket list – “I’d like to hike the Grand Canyon.”
- If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you want to meet and why? – “Elon Musk. He is a game changer.”
- What is the best book you have ever read? – “I like books by Dick Francis, whose mystery novels always involve the horse racing industry.”
- If you could dis-invent one thing, what would it be? – “Robocalls.”
- What are three words to describe yourself? – “Tenacious, perseverance, practical.”
Bay Property Management Group is a full-service property management company in Baltimore to help you with all your residential and multi-family property needs. Our business is strictly property management, so our specialization enables us to serve you better. Contact BMG today to learn more about our property management services and speak to one of our fantastic employees like Ira Finkle.