At Bay Property Management Group, we are property management professionals focused on customer service. Furthermore, our goal is to make property ownership both a pleasurable and profitable experience for our clients. We know that our success is due to our awesome team members and how they each contribute something special to our property management company.
Therefore, we are initiating our Employee Spotlight to help you get to know more about our talented employees and how their unique backgrounds and expertise help us stay a “cut above the rest.” Today, we proudly introduce Bridget Tyson, one of our dedicated portfolio property managers. Read on to discover all about Bridget, her professional background, and what she enjoys most about working here at Bay Property Management Group.
Meet Bridget Tyson; Property Manager
Bridget Tyson is a property manager at Bay Property Management Group and has worked with us since 2016. Before her current position, she was an executive Sioux chef for Hilton Hotels for eight years. Also, Bridget previously worked as a leasing manager for Apartment Services for 11 years. This vast experience helped prepare her for success in her current position managing a large portfolio.
A Day in the Life of Bridget Tyson
Bridget’s main goal is to work hand in hand with the property owner she represents to ensure they are happy. She always starts her day by prioritizing and answering emails. She checks in daily with the maintenance team, Vic, Tim, and Kevin, since they work together to turn over vacant units, clean all buildings, and complete any work orders.
After responding to emails and checking in with the team, Bridget reviews company spreadsheets to ensure all bills and renewals are current before transitioning into normal day-to-day tasks. When asked about her favorite part of the job, Bridget responded:
“My favorite part of the job is that we are always needed. Whether it be the owner, the tenants, a vendor, or emergency service calls…..we are always asked/needed to jump in and assist.”
A few things have surprised Bridget about working in property management. But, she stays ready to handle any issue thrown her way to benefit her tenants.
Why Bridget Loves Bay Property Management Group
Bridget believes that the teamwork and full transparency that Bay Property Management Group provides sets us apart from other property management companies. According to Bridget, “At BMG, I have always been able to fully understand whatever task I am working on and be able to ask questions without criticism. Since day one, BMG has promoted a team environment where we all work together toward the same goal of being the BEST PM company out there.”
Additionally, Bridget’s advice to anyone considering this field or those already in the profession is to have thick skin. Although it can be challenging, remember that you’re working with tenants’ homes, and you must remain as professional as possible.
Getting to Know Bridget Outside of the Office
- When you’re not in the office, what do you like to do? – “ I love to spend family time with my husband Bryan, three kids; Daughter Briana(20), Son Jordyn(18), Daughter Kira(15), and my fur baby, Raiden. I also love to be outside in nature, gardening. There are 2 HUGE raised bed gardens in my backyard and three flower gardens around my house. I also love art and have an art studio in my basement. I joyfully paint, pour and make resin geodes while making many mistakes along the way, but I LOVE it nonetheless.”
- Tell us something off your bucket list – “Go to Bali and visit the Water Palace of Tirta Gangga and the Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary.”
- If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you want to meet and why? – “Eve, the first woman on earth, and ask her, “a talking snake, really? “ LOL.”
- What is the best book you have ever read? – “The Bible, because it is encouraging and shows us how gracious and loving God is.”
- If you could dis-invent one thing, what would it be? – “The Flowbee.”
- What are three words to describe yourself? – “Strong, Loving, Dependable.”
Bay Property Management Group is a full-service property management in Baltimore to help you with all your residential and multi-family property needs. Our business is strictly property management, so our specialization enables us to serve you better. Contact BMG today to learn more about our property management services and speak to one of our fantastic employees like Bridget Tyson.