At Bay Property Management Group, we are property management professionals focused on customer service. Furthermore, our goal is to make property ownership a pleasurable and profitable experience for our clients. Our success is due to our awesome team members. They each contribute something special to our property management company.
So, we are initiating our Employee Spotlight to help you get to know more about our talented employees. Read on to see how their unique backgrounds and expertise help us stay a “cut above the rest.” Today, we are proud to introduce Kevin Shishko, Leasing Agent. Discover all about Kevin, his professional background, and what he enjoys most about working here at Bay Property Management Group.
Meet Kevin Shishko, Leasing Agent
Kevin is a leasing agent and has been with BMG since August of 2018. Kevin attended Penn State studying Corporate Communications. Since graduating, he has been working in property management. Additionally, he worked with three different property management groups prior to BMG. Kevin gained experience in leasing and managing garden-style apartments, luxury apartments, and townhomes.
A Day in the Life of Kevin
Kevin is responsible for leasing properties throughout the city. This includes responding to leads, showings, and holding open houses. In addition, he collects holding deposits to take properties off the market. Once reserved, he sends out the lease, collects the required funds, and ensures we have all required documentation before move-in. Furthermore, Kevin keeps owners updated throughout the process to ensure they are up to date on all leasing activity.
Every day can be different in this role. Some days he spends most of his time traveling to different properties and holding showings. Other days are spent on the computer completing back end work. As the 1st of each month approaches, Kevin’s time is spent visiting properties to ensure they are ready for move-ins, doing final inspections, and getting keys made.
Why Kevin Loves Being Part of BMG
Kevin says, “My favorite part of my job is visiting different parts of the city and meeting new people.”
What Sets Bay Management Group apart from other property management companies, according to Kevin:
- The teamwork among our staff in Philadelphia sets BMG apart from any other company I have ever worked for. Whenever an issue comes up with one of our properties or tenants, I am always impressed by how hard everyone works together to resolve it.
Kevin’s advice for those considering this field or those in the profession already?
- Organization, time management, and attention to detail are very important if you want to succeed. This job can get hectic and if you do not have these skills, it can be difficult to stay on top of everything.
What is Kevin like Outside of BMG
Kevin plays drums and guitar, but also enjoys going to shows, and playing golf. Surrounded by friends that have the same interests, he feels he can enjoy most of these hobbies with them.
Here are Five Fun Facts about Kevin:
- If you had to eat one meal every day for the rest of your life, what would you pick? Pizza
- Favorite thing to do in Philadelphia? Try new restaurants and go to Flyers games
- Most unusual job you’ve ever held? Once my dad paid me to dress up as Santa and hold a sign advertising his business around Christmas
- If you could dis-invent one thing, what would it be? Pop-up Ads
- If you were guaranteed to be successful in a different profession, what would you want to do? Musician
Bay Property Management Group is a full-service property management company. We are here to help you with all your residential and multi-family property needs. Our business is strictly property management, so our specialization enables us to serve you better. Contact Bay Property Management Group Philadelphia to learn more about our team of Philadelphia property managers!