Howard County, MD, offers everything from bustling cities to rolling countryside. The convenience of an easy commute to Baltimore or Washington DC continues to draw people to the area. Whether you are a landlord looking to invest or a tenant in search of a home, check out this list of the best Howard County neighborhoods below.
Best Neighborhoods for Renters or Investors
- Ellicott City – Money Magazine ranked Ellicott City #63 of the top 100 places to live nationwide, with renters making up approximately 22% of the local housing market. With an average apartment size of around 966 square feet, prices can range from $1350 to more than $2000 for a luxury unit. Yet, even with rent prices on the rise, a combination of rich historic charm and modern amenities continues to draw people to the area.
- Columbia – Columbia has long been a hotspot for young professionals and families alike. Offering tons of local shops, restaurants, and parks to break up city life, many renters seek to call this home. Thanks to it’s proximity to Baltimore and DC, Columbia has a thriving business environment along with luxury residence options to suit even the most discerning of renters.
- Elkridge – Less than a 20-minute drive from Baltimore, Elkridge boasts suburban neighborhoods of well-maintained homes. It has an average rent of around $1500 for a one-bedroom depending on included amenities. Residents enjoy a variety of top-rated public outdoor options, including Patapsco State Park and Rockburn Branch. Elkridge is a great option for tenants looking to commute to Baltimore with ease.
- Savage – Demand is growing, and rent has risen slightly in this charming town just 40 minutes from the nation’s capital. Residents give Savage high praise thanks to low crime rates, excellent public schools, and convenience to both Washington DC and Baltimore. Whether you like spending time outdoors or trying your luck at Live Casino just 15 minutes away, Savage offers the best of both worlds.
Top Things to Do Near Howard County Maryland
No matter what your interests may be, Howard County has you covered. Check out these suggestions for things to do, but don’t be afraid to get out and explore!
- The Mall in Columbia – A premier shopping destination for the area with over 200 stores, restaurants, activities, and attractions. Catch a movie at AMC, then stroll the outdoor sidewalks and shop for everything from furniture to shoes.
- Patapsco Valley State Park – Situated on 14,000 acres with miles of trails to explore! Take an Instagram worthy selfie at popular overlooks such as Cascade Falls, Buzzards Rock, and Grist Mill Trail. The park offers plenty of public parking and well-kept facilities, so feel free to pack a picnic.
- Autobahn Indoor Speedway & Events – Catering to everything from individual thrill seekers to corporate events, Autobahn is fun for all ages. Zip-around the track at up to 50mph for an authentic pro-karting experience in their state of the art electric carts.
- Live Casino – Whether you try your luck at the blackjack table or not, Live Casino has something for everyone. The property includes free parking, shopping, gaming, and a variety of restaurants to please any palate. Spend a relaxing weekend at the luxuriously appointed hotel or take advantage of the many spa services offered onsite!
Maryland has a lot to offer, and you can find some of the best neighborhoods in Howard County. This is a diverse and thriving area, ready to welcome you home. Are you searching for a rental home in the area or a landlord in need of professional property management in Howard County? Check out Bay Management Group Howard County to view available apartment homes or inquire about our property management services.