As the world continues to struggle with COVID-19 and the rapid spread of this virus, we as a company have had to adapt. However, we have done so in a way that keeps both our employees and tenants safe and still allowing for our services to continue. Our business is essential which means we will remain open and move-ins/move-outs are still allowed to take place by law. See the latest guidelines and procedures and Bay Property Management Group Pennsylvania’s response to COVID-19.
BMG Property Management COVID-19 Guidelines
The following guidelines are subject to change per state and federal mandates:
- BMG is considered an essential business and will remain in operation
- All BMG offices are currently closed to the outside including owners and tenants
- Office personnel are all working remotely with full access to service clients via phone and email and are available during normal business hours.
- Employees who are unable to work remotely have been briefed on proper sanitation and social distancing for their safety and the safety of our tenants
- Staff members who are sick or have sick family members have been directed to self-quarantine for 14 days.
- We encourage our tenants to practice social distancing to help limit the spread of COVID-19
- Rent Payments – tenants have full access to their cloud-based tenant portal to make online payments
- Maintenance –
- All routine inspections have been put on hold until further notice
- We are asking that tenants hold off on non-emergency maintenance requests
- Emergency related maintenance issues will be handled as such and we have staff prepared to respond immediately
- Leasing & Marketing –
- Vacant units – prospective tenants have the option for self-guided tours or a video tour sent via email
- Occupied units – where possible, we are providing video tours for prospective tenants as we are not offering in-person tours of occupied units
- Agent are regularly responding to leads and providing weekly updates to our owners
- Our current rental listings can be found on our website
Keep up to Date on COVID-19
BMG is staying informed on the COVID-19 crisis in the United States and also here in Pennsylvania where our corporate office stands. These are the latest updates:
United States COVID-19 Updates
- Social distancing has been extended until April 30th by order of the President of the United States.
- The United States now has the most confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the world according to the CDC and WHO.
- Pop-up hospitals and testing centers are being put up in all states.
- For the time being, there is no national lockdown but states are making their own decisions regarding lockdowns, closing businesses, etc.
- The CARES Act has now been acted to assist with economic relief for individuals and businesses
Pennsylvania COVID-19 Updates
- Pennsylvania now has 4800+ confirmed cases of the virus and 14 deaths. These numbers are expected to keep climbing as more test results become available.
- As of Tuesday morning, Governor Wolf extended the “stay at home” order to 7 additional counties. This means the social distancing guidelines are no longer a suggestion but enforced to the full extent of the law. Violators as subject to jail time up to one year. This order demands all non-essential businesses close and allow telework as applicable, residents of the state may only leave their homes for essential reasons (essential workers, pharmacy, grocery shopping, and doctor/hospital visits). In addition to those guidelines, Wolf has also closed schools until further notice. Finally, the order also states no one is to leave the state for non-essential reasons.
We at BMG want everyone to stay safe and healthy! These tips are useful to do so.
- Wash hands often and for 20+ seconds.
- Carry hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes when grocery shopping, but limit shopping as much as possible.
- Take advantage of non-contact food and grocery delivery. When items are dropped off, make sure to sanitize as possible and wash hands before and after eating food or putting groceries away.
- For mental health, it is important to take walks, bike rides, etc. to get fresh air. Still keep social distancing in mind and keep six feet of distance between yourself and others that are out getting exercise.
Follow us on social media to keep up to date on both Bay Property Management Group Pennsylvania guidelines as well as other COVID-19 updates, property management updates and how the industry will deal with this crisis.